Hanna Perkins offers continuing education opportunities appropriate for educators, social workers, therapists, child life advocates and other professionals who work with children on a day-to-day basis.
We offer training to organizations at our onsite learning center, or can arrange it bring it to you. Cost to your organization is just $200 for up to 10 participants, and $10 for each additional participant.
For more information, contact our Director of Community Engagement.
Ohio-approved training for educators
All of the following programs are approved by the State of Ohio and aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Development Standards.
- A Social Emotional Curriculum
- Books and Book-Making
- Building Blocks of a Civilized Snack Time
- Building Social Skills: Self-Care, Self-Awareness & Self-Esteem
- Children’s Literature & Early Literacy
- Helping Children Express Their Mad Feelings
- Listening to a Child’s Behavior: How Emotions Affect Learning
- Preschool Development 101
- Using Art to Support Ohio Early Learning Development Standards
- What is Curriculum: Serving Social-Emotional Development
- What’s In a Word: Communicating With Young Children
Prevention of bullying
- Helping Children Express Their Mad Feelings Helping Children Express Their Mad Feelings Most bullying prevention programs focus on high school or middle school. But by then, the processes and behaviors that cause bullying are already deeply embedded ...
Other professional education programs
- Free Replay: Early intervention to prevent bullying Our live webcast, It’s Never Too Early: Intervention For Tomorrow’s Bullies Today, provided insights on: Why bullying occurs; How ordinary behaviors in preschool-age children can evolve over time into bullying; How to identify ...
- Recognition and Prevention of Child Abuse & Neglect Using the Keeping Children Safe curriculum, participants will receive training that meets the requirement for child abuse and neglect recognition and prevention, as outlined in the Ohio Department of Job and Family ...