The Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development welcomes referrals from physicians, social workers, educators and other professionals who work with children and families.
We are devoted to the healthy emotional development of children and families. Our specialty is to help children give voice to their inner emotional thoughts and needs through a relationship-based model that closely involves parents in working on behalf of their child.
Making a referral
Hanna Perkins offers a variety of services for parents and children, from birth to 18. These include:
- A parent/toddler program for new parents to enjoy their children while learning about age-appropriate stages of early child development.
- A preschool and kindergarten that involves parents while focusing on emotional intelligence – to help children understand and master their feelings as the foundation for future success.
- A clinic that provides evaluation and treatment services including psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and developmental guidance for children and adolescents, and also for parents.
- Treatment of PMAD (postpartum mood and anxiety disorders) in new mothers.
We take time to understand the unique circumstances of every referral, and carefully tailor our recommendations to each individual and/or family.
All consultations and referrals are held in strict confidence.
If your work brings you into contact with a client, patient or parent who seems to need guidance with large or small emotional challenges, we welcome your questions.
To begin the process, please call 216-991-4472 extension 550.
Situations for referral
Here are just a few examples of situations where Hanna Perkins can help:
Signs of personal discomfort:
- Trouble sleeping
- Eating difficulties
- Bathroom concerns
- Cleanliness issues
Dealing with stressful circumstances:
- New baby in the family
- Disability of a parent or sibling
- Death of a parent or sibling
- Adoption issues
Difficulty in relationships:
- Fighting with family members
- Trouble making friends
- Anxiety meeting new people
- Clingy/Separation difficulties
Early school issues (preschool / elementary school):
- Doesn’t want to go to school
- Trouble paying attention / sitting still
- Trouble socializing
- Difficulty learning
- Doesn’t follow rules
- Seems to purposely invite discipline/punishment
- Teacher/school pressuring for use of Ritalin or other behavior-modifying drugs
Later school issues (middle school / high school):
- Sudden change in prior habits
- Poor grades
- Difficulty learning
- Being bullied
- Feelings of not fitting in
- Self-destructive behavior (drugs, alcohol, stealing, etc.)
- Colicky baby
- Breast feeding
- Needs help understanding of age-appropriate development
- Difficulty with Terrible Twos
- Needs help using appropriate discipline
- Frustrated with a specific behavior in a child
- Concerned about drug/alcohol use by child
For questions or referrals call 216-991-4472 extension 550.