Children who have conditions that require extended hospital stays or frequent outpatient visits may experience special challenges. In this course, participants prepare and present detailed reports on such children with a focus on:
- Evaluating and understanding the individual child’s situation
- How to help the patient and family master the current stresses
- Understanding of the individual with respect to:
- General concepts of child development
- Emotional aspects of illness and of their management.
Special emphasis is placed on methods of supporting mastery by patients and their families mastery – including preventative measures and means of follow-up support.
The class begins September 16, 2015, and continues for a total of nine Wednesday-evening sessions until May 4, 2016.
Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
Dates: (all session are on Wednesday):
- Sept. 16, 2015
- Oct. 7, 2015
- Nov. 4, 2015
- Dec. 2, 2015
- Jan. 6, 2016
- Feb. 3, 2016
- March 2, 2016
- April 6, 2016
- May 4, 2016
Location: The Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development
19910 Malvern Road
Shaker Hts., OH 44122
Map and directions
Instructor: Devra Adelstein, LISW
For questions or to register, please contact Pamela Millar, Associate Director of Community Engagement & School Programs by e-mail or by calling 216-991-4472.
Image courtesy of Tiverylucky/Freedigitalphotos.net