19910 Malvern Road
Shaker Hts., OH 44122
Position title: Apprentice Therapist
Date of Posting: July 20, 2021 Applications accepted until the position is filled
Supervised by: Clinical Director
Status: Full-time, salaried/exempt position
Reporting to the Clinical Director, apprentice therapists are responsible for maintaining an active clinical caseload in the Hadden Clinic, participating as instructors in outreach programs, and assuming intake responsibilities as needed.
Key Result Area 1
- Maintain active clinical caseload in the Hadden Clinic
- Maintain an increasing case load in the Hadden Clinic while under the supervision of a senior clinical staff member
- Actively engage in professional development reading as assigned by supervisors to increase skills as a psychoanalytic therapist
- Attend all agency wide training opportunities and meetings and participate as an active member of the Hanna Perkins Staff
- Maintain all paperwork required for clinical cases in the Hadden Clinic
Key Result Area 2
- Participate as instructor for out reach programs
- Shadow current Hanna Perkins instructors to learn methods of teaching the Hanna Perkins materials to outside agencies.
- Over the course of the year, develop one original workshop to be offered to community therapists to further their understanding of psychoanalytic treatment of children.
Key Result Area 3
- Providing intake services for the Hadden Clinic
- Respond to calls from patients seeking services through the Hadden clinic including: verification of insurance coverage, calling patients and completing intake calls, entering demographic data into the electronic medical records system, presenting the case for review with the clinical director for assignment to agency therapists.
- Beginning skills necessary to act as a therapist with patients ages 0-26
- Demonstration of investment in practicing as a therapist from a psychoanalytic perspective
- Capacity for thoughtful work with parents under stressful life circumstances
- Openness to constructive feedback from supervisors and instructors
- Effective management of time when unsupervised to engage in continuous learning and professional development
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Displays Collaborative Working Style – develops effective give-and-take relationships with others; recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
- Drives for results – drives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Shows work commitment – sets high standards of performance, pursues aggressive goals and works hard to achieve them.
- Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
- Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and the job related software, a keyboard, calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a terminal degree in a clinical field such as MSW, LPCC, PHD, or PSYD.
- Completion of field experience necessary to receive licensure in their respective field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Please forward COVER LETTER and RESUME with salary requirements to HR@hannaperkins.org
Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer