19910 Malvern Road
Shaker Hts., OH 44122
Position title: Education Director
Date of Posting: January 30, 2020 Applications accepted until the position is filled
Supervised by: Chief Executive Officer
Persons supervising: School staff including teachers, the Manager of School Healthy Meals and Gardening Program and the HPC Program Coordinator
Status: Full-time, exempt position requiring extended hours including some evening and weekend work
The Education Director, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), directs the daily operations of Hanna Perkins School (HPS) including staff supervision, budget oversight, facilitation of the enrollment process and compliance.
Responsible for oversight of daily operations for Hanna Perkins School (HPS).
- Responsible for daily operations for the Hanna Perkins School and direct supervision of all school staff.
- Serves as the point of contact and spokesperson for the school for parents and the community.
- Works closely with the CEO and the Finance Director to create and manage the annual school budget and scholarship programs.
- Works closely with Consulting Therapist to facilitate the school admission process and integrate the therapeutic work.
- Provides oversight of all county and state funded programs, accreditations initiatives and licensing requirements associated with Hanna Perkins School.
- Maintains professional affiliations and relationships and represents Hanna Perkins School at local, committees and meetings.
- Serves as a member of the administrative team.
- Training and experience in, early childhood education, the Hanna Perkins approach, and psychoanalytic understandings of child development. Skill in conveying effective verbal and written communications to multiple stakeholders.
- Skill in selecting, supporting and supervising teachers
- Skill in working sensitively with parents, fellow administrative staff, and community members
- Skill in developing educational and social-emotional curriculums and interventions for challenging children.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work with a broad range of individuals.
- Graduate Degree in Education, with intensive study of early childhood development and licensed teacher in the State of Ohio.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as a teacher in early childhood
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in administration and /or supervision preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Please forward COVER LETTER and RESUME with salary requirements to HR@hannaperkins.org
Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer