Children who have conditions that require extended hospital stays or frequent outpatient visits may experience special challenges. In this course, participants prepare and present detailed reports on such children with a focus on:
- Evaluating and understanding the individual child’s situation
- How to help the patient and family master the current stresses
- Understanding of the individual with respect to:
- General concepts of child development
- Emotional aspects of illness and of their management.
Special emphasis is placed on methods of supporting mastery by patients and their families mastery – including preventative measures and means of follow-up support.
CEU credits (10.5 hours) are available through the Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Board of Ohio.