Since 1951, The Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development has promoted understanding of the importance of the inner life of children. Our work is founded on the knowledge that a child’s behavior is a means of communicating important feelings and emotions that he or she may not yet have the ability to put into words.
The Hanna Perkins philosophy is:
- To invest wholeheartedly in the critical years of early childhood – a short period that sets the direction of a child’s entire life;
- That development during the early years is the foundation for all later abilities to learn, work, form healthy relationships and enjoy life;
- Caring relationships and respect for feelings are central to all other learning.
Hanna Perkins provides direct service to children and parents; consultation and continuing education for child care professionals; and professional training for therapists.
- Hanna Perkins School
- A parent/child resource center
- A therapeutic clinic for children and adolescents
- Analytic training
- A research library dedicated to literature about child development.
More detail about each of these is available here.
The Hanna Perkins Center is recognized world-wide as a unique and indispensable contributor to the healthy emotional development of children and families in the Cleveland area and beyond.
The Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development is committed to working with parents and providers to help children make a good transition to school. We are committed to helping parents and children get it right.
View a video about what makes Hanna Perkins important.
Get more information about:
- The range of services we offer
- Our history
- Recent news about us
- Upcoming events
- The people who make us what we are
- Our annual report
- Organizations affiliated with us
Learn about the various services we offer